Beginners wanting to start turning with top quality high speed steel tools will really appreciate this fine set of six essential tools made in Sheffield by Robert Sorby.
The set is in a presentation box and comprises
This set will do just about everything you can think of apart from the specialized hollowing of large vase shapes.
- 3/4" Roughing out gouge for taking the corners off square section or even rough hewn material and for forming shallow curves
- 3/8" Spindle Gouge for detailed curves and hollows
- 3/4" Skew chisel for planing cuts, vee cuts and a host of varied detailed cuts between centres.
- 1/8" Parting Tool for parting off, narrow notches and awkward corners and for doing chuck recesses and small beads.
- 1/2" Round end Scraper for cleaning up inside bowls and also for hollowing goblets and vases
- 3/8" Bowl gouge for shaping and hollowing bowls and for some jobs between centres
NOTE : The oval skew chisel is soon to be replaced with a rectangular section one with rolled edges. This should be an improvement as it is a heavier stronger blade.