This set has been selected as giving best value and excellent design, finish and edge keeping quality in a starter set. It will appeal to people who know that good tools in any trade are a joy to use and cheap nasty tools are a pain. The blades are made specially for us by Henry Taylor Tools from finest quality Sheffield M2 high speed steel, shaped, hardened, finished and polished to the highest standards. They are just as good as top-of-the-range Henry Taylor branded blades which are of course second to none. The handles are now also made by Henry Taylor but selected and fitted by us.
The set comprises
This set will do just about everything you can think of apart from the specialized hollowing of large vase shapes.
- 3/4" Roughing out gouge for taking the corners off square section or even rough hewn material and for forming shallow curves
- 3/8" Spindle Gouge for detailed curves and hollows
- 3/8" Beading and Parting tool for beads, vee cuts and a host of varied detailed cuts between centres. Easier and quicker to use than the skew chisel for most "skew chisel" jobs.
- 1/8" Parting Tool for parting off, narrow notches and awkward corners and for doing chuck recesses and small beads.
- 3/8" Superflute bowl gouge for shaping and hollowing bowls and for some jobs between centres
- 3/4" Round end Scraper Extra Thick for cleaning up inside bowls and also for hollowing goblets and vases
- 1" Square End Scraper for cleaning outside bowls and also for hollowing turned boxes