This solid well made multipurpose jig incorporates a fingernail profiler for generating that tricky profile on pointed spindle and bowl gouges plus a little table which can be used for grinding the other tools. The table is dropped out of the way when fingernail profiling and brought up to the wheel again for normal grinding assisted by a small metal gauge to set the angle of the table each time. The table itself has four fixing holes which can be used to mount accessories such as the slotted table 447JAT which itself takes other jigs. The 447 jig comes with table as shown (the slotted table is an extra), pivoting profiler clamp, angle gauge and instructions. This high quality jig will cater for all your turning tools.
- Fits easily to most bench grinders
- Changes from fingernail profiling to platform use in seconds.
- Incorporates Fingernail Profiler
- Profiler arm removable for ease of use
- Includes angle finder jig
- Fully adjustable for bevel angle & side grind
- Stable sharpening platform takes accessories available as upgrades
Shown below is the jig with the table in position and with the profiler clamp removed (it just pulls out). The four fixing holes are for fixing the Jig Adaptor Table available as an upgrade. The base needs to be screwed down to a baseboard or bench five inches below the centre height of the grinder.