This is a 4 jaw self centering scroll chuck. It has a 5 year guarantee and is nicely presented in a plastic case. The Supernova is manufactured in New Zealand by Teknatool and imported by Record Power. Price includes 50mm jawset, 25mm pinjaws, screwchuck insert, plastic box and threaded insert to suit your lathe (up to 1,1/4 inch max). We will pay postage in mainland UK (Highlands and islands £9.50).
The 50mm jawset has dovetail grip inside and outside. It enables large bowls up to about 12" to be gripped and will also grip the end of a cylinder for hollowing - a peppermill project for example. The 25mm pin jaws have a small dovetail on the outside to grip the recess in the base of a small bowl. They also project out from the chuck so they will grip into a 25mm or 1 inch drilled hole. The inside of the 25mm jaw set will grip a dowel or a small square shape such as a pen blank for drilling. For other jawset options see Patriot chuck. The Patriot jawsets will fit.
- Powerful dovetail grip both ways. 15mm jaw movement.
- Two jawsets included - 50mm and 25mm
- Easy one-handed tightening with T bar
- Takes inter-changeable screw-on jaws. Will take all SuperNova jaws and Patriot jaws
- Remove jaws to reveal the jaw sliders which can grip tiny round or square objects
- Body is 100mm diameter.
- Please specify thread fitting required in the comments field