The Patriot chuck is manufactured in Sheffield and you can rest assured that the engineering quality is as high as you would expect from any Robert Sorby product together with an unrivalled guarantee of service and commitment from all Robert Sorby staff.
- Easy one-handed tightening with T bar
- Powerful grip both ways. 25mm jaw movement.
- Comes complete with handy size jaws. Dovetail grip inside (45mm) and outside (50mm) suitable for gripping a wide range of projects
- Remove jaws to reveal the jaw sliders which can grip tiny round or square objects
- Excellent range of inter-changeable screw-on jaws and accessories available if you need them. Also takes Nova jaws and threaded inserts
- Compact for low overhang. Body is 100mm diameter. Self-centering jaws. Enclosed gears. Lightweight.
- Interchangeable threaded inserts are available to fit most lathe threads.
- One thread insert is included in the price. Please specify thread fitting required in the drop down box. Chuck also comes with jaws, screwchuck insert and tools
This standard Patriot chuck is threaded at the rear to take interchangeable inserts. The insert adapts the chuck to fit the lathe thread. The price includes one insert to suit your lathe. The insert can be quickly changed using the spanner provided and extra inserts are available which is handy if you have two different lathes or if your lathe has two different threads at either end of the spindle or if you change your lathe for one with a different thread.
Important Threads larger than 1,1/4" e.g. 1,1/2 x 6 and 33mm are too big for an insert so a special "dedicated" chuck is needed. Chucks for these large threads are available with the thread cut directly into the chuck body. The thread fitting on these direct threaded chucks cannot be changed and inserts will not fit. Please enquire about these or about threads not listed in the drop down box. Ring 01787 237291. (We do in fact list 1,1/2" x 6 tpi for Graduate lathe - try your browser back button and you should see it)
Not sure of your thread fitting? Please see more information here
Chuck threads and adaptors info page