This is a compact 4 jaw self centering scroll chuck. It comes with three sets of interchangeable jaws and a screwchuck insert which make it a great deal. It has a 5 year guarantee and is nicely presented in a plastic case. The G3 chuck is manufactured in New Zealand by Teknatool and imported by Record Power. It is perfect for small projects with it's compact 80mm body but is also capable of gripping large bowls with care.
Here it is shown with a typical small project (actually quite a large chess piece) running on a Record DML305 lathe. The chess piece is actually held with glue on the aluminium disc (a sticky chuck) and the disc is gripped using the 25mm jaws supplied with the chuck. The sticky chuck is extra.
The 50mm jawset provided is the same size as the standard Supernova (and Patriot) jaws enabling large bowls up to about 12" to be gripped. The step jaws with internal serrations are ideal for drilling pen blanks etc. For other jawset options see Patriot chuck.
- Powerful dovetail grip both ways. 10mm jaw movement.
- Three jaw sets supplied - a valuable bonus.
- Easy one-handed tightening with T bar
- Takes inter-changeable screw-on jaws. Will take SuperNova jaws and Patriot jaws
- Remove jaws to reveal the jaw sliders which can grip tiny round or square objects
- Compact for low overhang. Body is 80mm diameter. Lightweight.
- Please specify thread fitting required. Thread is cut directly into the back of the chuck and cannot be changed. Choose from 3/4 x 16 (Record lathes) or 1 x 8tpi (some Axminster lathes)