A nylon fibre pad coated with Silicon Carbide very fine 1500 grit abrasive. Especially good for rubbing down sealers and polishes and also for applying wax polish. Price is per pad. Colour is grey. A softer product than the Hermes Webrax and not so aggressive. Will quickly cut back a glossy finish to a nice satin if you need to do that.
For a lovely natural looking satin sheen finish on a bowl or other project try this -
- Soft - gets into narrow contours
- Can be used wet and can be washed
- Anti - clog
- 230 x 115 x 7mm
- Sand the wood as normal
- Paint on a good coat or two of Chestnut Acrylic Sanding Sealer with brush or rag (lathe stopped)
- Wait to dry - 2 hours or more if you can
- Rub in different directions by hand with 800grit Webrax (lathe stopped) to get rid of brush marks or "rings"
- Burnish with 1500 then 2500 nylon web with the lathe running
- There is no need to apply anything apart from the sealer - this alone will give a very durable and attractive water resistant finish
- If you decide you want a gloss, use Chestnut Burnishing Cream to bring up a shine.