Excellent value large hollowing tool for efficient hollowing into cavities up to around 10" deep. Massive 3/4" steel shank with ash handle. Blade and tip is 12,1/2" long. Three cutters provided. Two small cutters for hollowing - one with a round tip and one with square end for getting into corners. These can be reversed and reground to your shape. They are only 1/4 inch but cut remarkably quickly. Also included is a shear scraping teardrop cutter. Sharpen with diamond hone.
The small cutters are the same as those which are used on the Sorby RS200KT hollowing tool and the two tools complement each other perfectly.
If you are looking for a hollowing tool which will do just about everything and at a bargain price you will not do any better than this little known but underated tool. Pivot the head to the straight position for penetrating down to the bottom of the cavity and removing most of the waste. Then pivot to the left to do under the rim. Then clean up with the large cutter. Of course many of the other Robert Sorby HSS tips can be made to fit and make this fine tool even more versatile.
- An excellent hollowing tool for projects with cavities up to 10" deep
- Great for large vase shapes and undercuts on bowl rims
- Includes two hollowing tips which can pivot as needed
- The tips are easy to control but remove waste quickly. The small cutting forces minimise the possibility of a "grab" at the bottom of a deep hollow.
- Also comes with teardrop cutter for refining the finish inside cavities and shear scraping inside and outside bowls