An ideal starter tool for hollow work and possibly the only hollowing tool you will ever need. Strong 3/4" shank with milled flat on the underside for stability. Total tool length 23" enables you to tackle most hollow vase shape projects and form undercuts on bowl rims etc.
In hollowing mode
- An excellent hollowing tool for projects with cavities up to 6" deep
- Great for small vase shapes and undercuts on bowl rims
- Includes one hollowing tip which is held in a swivelling clamp
- The other tip is round in shape for refining the finish inside bowls and vase shapes
The tool is delightfully easy to use, hollowing quickly without vibration or force. The small cutter is easy to control without grabbing. Maximum hollowing depth about 6 inches but even for deeper "vessels" this tool will reach the undercut under the rim.
In shear scraping mode
the large circular cutter is used with the tool held the other way up with the curved section part of the shank in contact with the tool rest allowing the tool to tilt 45 degrees to the right or left. The blade scrapes the surface of the wood at an angle of about 45 degrees greatly enhancing the finish. The same blade can be used for conventional scraping with the tool shank flat side down.
- Tips are HSS and sharpened with a diamond hone on the top
- Spare tips and cutters available
- Supplied with ash handle